Wednesday, February 11, 2009

It's just so grey outside today. bleh.

I tried already to enjoy it but it didn't work out. All the dog shit revealed, is this what happens? All that crap beneath the surface of a perfectly pretty picture. Ain't it always the way.

I watched Vicki Crisitna Barcelona last night. Woody Allen showcasing the ever-luscious bodacious bod belonging to Scarlett Johanson. Something to marvel at truly. And like Woody does, he takes a snapshot of life that seems somewhat out of reach but not entirely...and provokes thoughts. Many thoughts.

Would you, could you, in a boat?
Would you, could you, with a goat?
That kind of thing.

The movie was heavy on the scenery which was great. I was in Barcelona for such a short time...but it all came back.
I ventured to this city of roundness and fullness and green by the ocean to sort myself out a bit. At the time I was torn between two lovers and feelin' like a fool, to quote the song. I also had a third guy on the side who had recently been diagnosed with scabies and what's that thing where you fall asleep anywhere at anytime? Seriously. I felt like I was living with the cast of St.Elmo's Fire.
So I went there alone and alone I stayed for most of it.
One day, I walked from my hostel to the beach. Sat there.
All of a sudden a water balloon came crashing down on me SPLAT!I was pretty shocked to say the least. Never mind completely wet and alone and therefore, embarrassed. Three little pricks laughing at me from above chanting something in Spanish. Oh great. Perfect.
I walked an hour home, back to my hostel. Looking like I was feeling. A washed out girl. Everyone around me was so beautiful. Stunning. Naturally just ooozing lust for life and every little detail was glowing and glistening...sunlight on hair and skin of light brown and wine in the blood and a hundred possible loves and no stopping, no stopping.
Nothing like me.
Awkward, hestitant. Getting in a fight with the receptionist at the Picasso museum for stealing a peice of tape to repair my ripped journal.
"It is the museum's tape, it is not public tape!!"
"What the...? IT'S A FUCKING PEICE OF TAPE!!!"
Wearing the wrong thing. Seeing the wrong angles. Sitting in the shady parts of the sun.
So Barcelona was not good for me. I was not good for Barcelona. But I liked this movie. Alot.

3 comments:

not-so suburban momma said...

your post compels me to ask once again-why do we live here????

Anonymous said...

I loved the movie too, rented it last week. My favorite line from the movie was when Penelope Cruz points her finger at Scarlett and declares "She's chronically dissatisfied!". Me too, I'm chronically dissatissfied, thinking I want something, until I get it and then realizing it's not at all like what I thought it would be.

Woman in a Window said...

as i liked this post, a lot. The language, the mood.