Monday, January 19, 2009

Dreaming is free.....dreaming.

I was in Australia last night in my dreams. It was somewhere on the South Coast. I walked against the wind. It was dark and I was following the stars of the Southern Cross. The waves not too big, I could still hear myself thinking.
What I was doing was getting re acquainted with the land there. Unending beaches, a sea full of worlds. I had to see someone. My old boyfriend. I had to prepare first. See it first alone, then go where he was.
I was very happy on the beach. I felt safe and strong. At the beginning of something that never qite ended with him. A friendship, a deep respect. Mostly, a love for his homeland that will always remain in me, stronger than I have ever felt before about any place.
It took me a long time and many miles to find him. Finally I did...and the dream ended. I had all these feelings that I wanted to spill out to him. Explanations. But even my dream knew there was no sense in it going along that way. Sensible. Sensible?
Me?
It seems to be curiously so.

1 comment:

crazymumma said...

I knew you loved Blondie.

you and me. we gotta talk Australia someday.